April 11, 2011

Tum: My Pledge of Love Is The Bomb ... At The Box Office



Tum: My Pledge of Love, the epic love story starring real-life couple Robin Padilla and Mariel Rodriguez, was a huge FAIL at the box office.

Tum: My Pledge of Love is a story about boy meets girl, girl hates boy, and girl and boy eventually fall in love and marry.

This movie comes with a twist, though. You think Direk Robin Padilla will come up with a formulaic movie? Nah-uh. The plot is the usual but get this, the story happened in India. Innovative, right?

Ticket sales on opening day totalled P500,000 and 450,000 on second day. On the third day, the takilyera rested but on the fourth day did not bother to go to work for a day's overall take of P350,000.

I knew Tum: My Pledge of Love is going to be a major FAIL at the box office because a movie that is written, produced, starred, directed and edited by the lead star is always a fail one way or the other.

Well, with the exception of Yahoo Serious, known for the classics Young Einstein and Reckless Kelly.

I have a theory why Robin and Mariel's Tum: My Pledge of Love tanked at the box office. Robin's Muslim brothers did not bother going to the cinema to support their "bra."

Or copies, pirated ones, of Tum: My Pledge of Love are now available on Hidalgo.

No comments:

Post a Comment