August 14, 2010

At The End of the Day Watch



This is the 4,718, 683th and 4,718,684th mention of the annoying phrase "at the end of the day" from a celebrity when pressed for a comment about something that you think is so "life-or-death important" but it's not.

It comes across like the person is put upon about something going on in their personal or public lives but they're so noble for putting up with it. Yeah, get off that cross already!


Chesca Litton

"In a way, I guess," sagot ng TV host. "Because hindi maiiwasan ang mga speculations. Hindi maiiwasan na mag-a-assume ang mga tao, siyempre. Posibleng gagawa ng mga theories, yung mga gano'n. Pero at the end of the day whatever goes on, once again, I've said it once, I'll say it again, as long as I'm living a life that's pleasing to God, nothing else should matter. Because I know that, once you put God first, everything else will follow."

Claudine Barretto

"Kung naging stiff man kami ni Heart, siguro mas kailangang mas prim and proper lang kami. Dito [GMA-7], iba, you cannot compare talaga. Mas open na ako ngayon kumpara sa dati. Because nagagawa ko yung gusto ko and at the same time, yung itinuro nilang [ABS-CBN] professionalism, nagagamit ko dito. And I can be myself. At the end of the day, I can be myself."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:30 AM

    lOL, thAt's what i also noticed. "at the end of the day" even came handy by these people: dingdong dantes, piolo pascual, jericho rosales, kc concepcion etc... uso ika nga. buti na lang it didn't come as this:
    AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE SUN STILL SETS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:24 PM

    korak! "at the end of the day" is one of the most abused words in the English language.

    ReplyDelete