May 14, 2009

It's A Slow Week In Local Showbiz




It's a slow week in local showbiz. There is no scandal or gossip worth posting. So here I am posting about the premier night of BFF, the comedy movie starring Sharon Cuneta and Ai Ai de las Alas.

The surprise in the movie is the cameo appearance of Gabby Concepcion. Much as I love to have Gabby and Sharon in one screen shot, I prefer to wait for a full-length movie. I will be waiting for BFF on cable because P120 is too much just to see Gabby and Sharon at the end of the movie.

Ai Ai de las Alas attended the premier with Julio Chavez, who is not, I repeat, not yet Ai Ai's boyfriend, according to Ai Ai. I would have given Ai Ai the side-eye If I was at the premier. Me thinks Ai Ai is afraid to jump the gun and jinx a potential love affair, or she's not admitting the status of her relationship with her suitor (I'm using the word loosely) so it would be easy enough to explain the guy's absence once his part in the gimmick Ai Ai's life is over.

In other boring showbiz news, Willie Revillame has broken ground on his theater mall near ABS CBN. Who wants to expound on the riches and influence of Willie Revillame? Not me.

Candy Pangilinan made a tasteless joke about Igorots during her gig in Baguio City. She has apologized with matching, and I'm sure all is forgiven. She said she was tried because of all the "rackets" she's been doing. In this economy, who could blame her for accepting jobs left and right?

After her disappearing act, Jennylyn Mercado's birthday concert is still a go. Sinong namuhunan ang magka cancel ng concert kahit pa pa-diva at may attitude pa ang star of the show? Just make sure you lock Jennylyn in her room, always know her whereabouts so she will be sure to attend her own concert. She may disappear again and this time finally admit that there are voices in her head making her do all these crazy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment