March 5, 2009

Kris Aquino Cries Again and It Is Over Some Prisoners


Oh, Kris you still can't cry like a good actress. I watched a snippet of Kris Aquino on her TV show, SNN (Showbiz News Ngayon), discussing how she feels about the recent release from prison of the soldiers involved in her dad Ninoy Aquino's assassination in Aug 1983. All I heard her say was "blah, blah this, blah blah that." Okay, I got the gist. She's really sad that the prisoners were released because an injustice was done to the Aquino family! Really, I had to change channels immediately because I was getting uncomfortable watching her emote. I switched channel before I figured out if Kris Aquino was attempting to cry and not succeeding, or she's just really constipated.

On a serious note, can the Aquino family please come down from the cross because a lot of people could really use the wood during these tough times? Seriously, they are known as devout Catholics, especially their matriarch Cory Aquino. Isn't one of the teachings of Catholicism "forgive those who have trespassed against you?" ( If it is not, please forgive). So, how come they cannot forgive the soldiers who have been languishing in prison for more than 20 years? Is it because mga Ilustrado sila, and they do not think that this teaching applies in their situation because "they have suffered so much?"

Personally, I believed those soldiers are victims too because they did not act without the orders of Somebody, whom the Aquino family should really hate and curse to high heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment