March 8, 2009

And the Winner Is...


The winners of the Bb Pilipinas 2009 were announced last night during the Coronation Night at the Araneta Coliseum.

Bb Pilipinas International - Melody Gersbarch
Bb Pilipinas Universe - Pamela Bianca Manalo
Bb Pilipinas World - Mary Ann Umali
1st Runner-up Richelle Angalot (Rich Asuncion)
2nd Runner-up Regina Hahn

No, I didn't watch the live telecast. I stopped watching local beauty contests when I realized I will stop feeling like I wasted three hours of my life by just looking up the winners the following morning. There are so many commercials, dance and song numbers in these televised pageants that they extend to the wee hours of the morning. No, thank you. I'd rather watch a Korean/Taiwanese nobela or something else online.

Anyway, this current batch of beauties include a second or third timer, a daughter of a former titlist (nepotism, anyone?), a ward of the network that televised the pageant, and a former reality TV contestant. See why I feel "meh" about beauty contests? I don't wanna go into a rant about the quality of the judges in the recently concluded beauty pageant. Richard Gomez, and some basketball player. Need, I say more?

And how I can forget the Luz Valdez(es) of this year's pageant? Ladies, don't despair. Because unlike the bar exam, you can try and try even after the third time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Do beauty pageants still have credibility? Wala namang nanalo sa Pinay bet sa international competitions. Ibig sabihin mali ang pagpili ng winners. janine san miguel, anyone? LOL

    ReplyDelete