March 12, 2011

American Idol 10: Pinoy Bets - Thia Megia



American Idol 10 Top 13 results are in!

And Thia Megia is safe! I didn't watch the live results night because I was riveted on CNN and NHK watching the aftermath of that 8.9 magnitude and subsequent tsunami that ripped through in Sendai. Watching the deluge of ocean water rip everything in its watch is more riveting. Reality TV what?!

Anyways, no protest from me over the bottom 3 and the right person, Ashthon (with the extra h), went home.

Wannabe diva Ashthon was pitchy in places sharp in some and flat overall during the top 13 performances. I was thinking while she was singing Diana Ross's "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" was "I'd rather listen to cats in heats."

Thia singing "Smile" by Michael Jackson was beautiful in the beginning and then I got afraid for her in the second half. I thought she was going to get hosed by the judges because that jazzy beat was meh. She struggled in that second half - and she didn't know who Charlie Chaplin was.

Our girl Thia cried backstage coz the judges did not like the arrangement of the song 100%. Thia's 15 but she needs to grow a backbone and learn to accept the criticisms as part of improving her craft. That's all I'm saying. Thia is not ready for this, I feel like. If she can't do this, then she has no place in cut-throat competitions like American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment