June 14, 2010

First Winner of Pilipinas Got Talent: Jovit Baldivino



Jovit Baldivino, the singer from Batangas, was hailed as the first grand winner of Pilipinas Got Talent, a larger-scale version of Show Time, Talentadong Pinoy and all other local talent shows out there.

From what I read from my favorite reading material, Jovit Baldovino is the enemy No 1 of Vilmanians across the archipelago because he sang for Vilma Santos' gubernatorial rival in Batangas.

Well, it came down to pay "allegedly." 8k from Ate Vi vs 50k from Edna Sanchez. Well, hello?! If you are a student/siomai vendor, your parents are jobless and you want all you siblings to finish school, saan ka pa?

And please, lay off the kid. He's literally kid because he's freaking 16 years old! He CANNOT vote. And please, Ate Vi won. So did Ralph Recto, okay?

When I read about the boycott, I felt a tiny twinge of sympathy for the poor kid. I mean, I got the impression that global Vilmanians and all Batanguenos are in on the boycott. I was like "See on another talent show." Anybody notice that contestants make the rounds of talent shows? That's how many local shows there are that have the same premise.

Anyway, now that I think about it was probably just one avid fan who emailed a tabloid reporter. Seriously, just one.

So instead of Jovit, the Vilmanian(s) switched to Markki Stroem, a Fil-Swiss contestant (I'm not sure. I don't really watch Pilipinas Got Talent.)

Ooh, scary. Jovit got 40% plus of the total text votes. The half-Pinoy guy got 1% plus - the contestant with the lowest text votes.

It was just one Vilmanian, I tell you!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you totally. and no dont worry im not a sycophant. i just love your style! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete